Sunday, October 6, 2024

Hiking with Luna at Kings Canyon


This weekend was very productive. Saturday I drove and picked up Luna and took her to Kings Canyon for a small hike. It’s been several weeks since we have walked in this area. The early mornings have been cooler but I didn’t realize it was going to heat up so quickly. It got really hot by 10:30. We hiked farther than we had in the past in this part of the trail. I do have fears of the mountain lion in the area and have seen several signs that they are around, so I’m not as active out by myself as much as I use to be. I try my best to work through my fears though and keep doing the things that I love. It was a nice hike and we made a new friend while we were there too. She has 6 huskies and is very involved in mushing with her little team, she had lots of good information to share with me. I’ve thought about teaching Luna to pull and start training so this winter we can have fun in the snow together. I haven’t explored anything yet so meeting someone who is very experienced was got me excited about it  again. 

After our hike I spent some time in the garden getting things ready for fall. Dug up some weeds and tree suckers and made some flower arrangements and picked some veggies for a friend who stopped by to say hello. 

Today I got a late start, slept in later than usual, then went to the garden and worked on some garden clean up and picked more flowers for the house and more tomatoes. Luna helped ❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for Fall and Dahlia Projects

As the end of the season comes to an end it’s time to get ready for winter preparation and digging up the dahlias very soon. This also comes...