Saturday, March 2, 2024

A Snow Day with Luna


It is currently early spring and the weather is kind of funny right now. We have had some sunny days and in the 40s and then lots of snow and the temperature drops into the 20s and below. I enjoyed the day with Luna, we played in the snow. She really loves the cold and the snow. It was so cute, I would throw the ball for her, she would run to chase it and get all excited and then she would drop the ball somewhere and try and find it, sniffing it out because she would lose sight of it when falling under the snow. I am really enjoying her and she is teaching me a lot about trust. I have had some bad experiences with dogs when I was a little girl and into my adulthood and trusting large dogs has been a challenge for me. Today she was there for me and sensed that I was having a hard day, showered me with love and dog kisses. It’s amazing how she knew that I needed to relax and calmed me. I don’t think she realizes how big she is though. She likes to try and cuddle with me and puts her huge paws on me and pushes. She needs to be reminded that I need a little personal space and she can sit next to me instead. She is completely adorable and loves the attention.  
Since it has been warm and sunny in some of the previous days my spring bulbs have started to come up and the daffodils are the first ones to pop up. I picked some today and added to a vase since the heavy snowed crushed most of the ones that were blooming. I am hoping that once the sun starts to shine again the next set of bulbs that surface wont be affected by more snow. The snow is hard on them. 

It is such a joy to see these bright and cheerful flowers in the middle of the snow storm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Potato and Onion Planting

Over the years of gardening I have always been curious about other crops that I could grow. I typically tend to stick with the easier famili...