Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Dahlia Dinnerplate Bloom

Last night after work all I wanted to do was lay in the grass and relax in the garden and enjoy the sunset. I was so focused on how nice it felt to relax that I didn’t notice this flower at first but I was so excited when I saw this!! I’ve been waiting for so long for it to open and finally it’s here!!! I know I mentioned that this is only my second year of growing dahlias but this tuber was the only one that survived the dinnerplate series that I overwintered. I wasn’t even sure that it was going to produce a flower. From all that I’ve read and learned about Dahlias they continue to amaze me all the time! I remember reading that it doesn’t matter when it comes to the size of the tuber, and that even the tiniest tubers can produce the biggest flowers. This was hard to believe but I remained hopeful that this information was true. Also the tuber that I planted wasn’t the prettiest and I’ve also read that you can’t always judge the looks of the tuber. This is an absolutely stunning flower and my hope is that when I dig up the tubers this fall, they will have multiplied and be blessed with many more 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for Fall and Dahlia Projects

As the end of the season comes to an end it’s time to get ready for winter preparation and digging up the dahlias very soon. This also comes...