Thursday, June 20, 2024

Reflecting back to creating first perennial gardens in 2022


Reflecting today on the progress that I’ve made with the front perennial garden. It’s so cool to see pictures from the past. I remember this day, when I first started digging here. The soil was so compact and almost impossible to dig. I spent so many hours adding just bags of whatever I could to the area. It’s crazy seeing the little babies that were planted here and now today the size of the plants. Makes me so happy to see the difference that I’ve made and all of my hard work is paying off!

This video clip shows the area where I created the front rock garden and space just across from the perennial garden above. The video shows stacks of wood to made the garden boxes and you will also see a pile of dirt to the right that I filled the boxes with. I hand pulled all the weeds in the front and it took me weeks. After this was done I moved on to the back of the yard. You can see at the end of the video behind the pile of dirt it’s full of weeds and metal posts and a tractor in the back. You can barely see my head behind the pile working in the back pulling weeds along the fence. This was long before I made boxes along the fence out of recycled fencing. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for Fall and Dahlia Projects

As the end of the season comes to an end it’s time to get ready for winter preparation and digging up the dahlias very soon. This also comes...