Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Harvesting Green Beans

This time of year gets a little crazy when it comes to being able to keep up with the harvesting of green beans. I like them when they are smaller and it seems like there is a window of picking opportunity to get the best ones. When they are left for too long they get a little tough and then the stage right after that they are not at all edible. I currently have a constant supply of beans for dinner and lunches and I feel like I am never tired of them. Last year I grew cantaloupe in half of the box and I decided to change it up a little bit and it’s entirely all beans this year.

The variety of bean that is growing here is called Blue Lake Pole Beans from Botanical Interests


I created a small arbor that goes from one box to the other and I posted a little about it last 
summer. You can see more at this link 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for Fall and Dahlia Projects

As the end of the season comes to an end it’s time to get ready for winter preparation and digging up the dahlias very soon. This also comes...