Monday, August 26, 2024

Making my first tinctures

In my last post I mentioned that I wanted to explore the world of tinctures and make my first California Poppy Blend along with some other flowers that I am growing in the garden. I decided to try making a few jars with what I already had harvested for making teas since they were mostly dry. I researched a few different websites and followed some advice that I read about the process. Some people mentioned that it is better to use the dried flowers as it makes the tincture more potent. I decided to try a little of both fresh and dried in hopes to get more of a rounded overall tincture. I also used Vodka for this process. I started off with enough to make 3 jars of the poppy and I also had some lavender that I started drying in bundles inside in the springtime, so I decided to try 2 jars of that as well. Currently they are still soaking and have about 3 weeks left to go. I found some instructions online so that really gave me the confidence to try it out. I will update on how it turned out very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for Fall and Dahlia Projects

As the end of the season comes to an end it’s time to get ready for winter preparation and digging up the dahlias very soon. This also comes...